15 Tricks to Increase Website Credibility and User Conversion
That’s all you’ve got to leave a positive impression from the first moment your user see your website. According to the studies of Design and Usability Center Bentley University, the user will spend less than a second to take in the site’s layout, density and color and use take 3 seconds to quickly look around the site noting assets, contents, grammar, and others that they might find interesting.
The last three seconds will be for clicking around on links and other interactive contents. At the end of 6 seconds, the users can finally decide whether your site is trustworthy enough to make purchases from. Simply, users’ first impression depends on design.
Here are 15 trust factors you can use to your advantage:
- Professional web design- Mushy and cheap looking web designs may impose users that your site is a scam. A digital marketing company can assist you to make your site more edgy.
- ‘Contact Us’ button, phone number and address must be visible- this gives the users a feeling that they can get in touch with someone to assist them.
- Simple language- people usually don’t trust people who they don’t understand.
- Correct spelling and proper grammar- be stricter on these aspects with your homepage, product pages and other static pages.
- Use links to external websites that used your site as a reference- it is more convincing if someone else has written about you.
- Ranking in Google and other search engines- this means your contents are relevant.
- Minimize ads- if you don’t depend on ads for income, might as well keep it at the minimum because it can easily kill the user experience.
- Be in Google- users will possibly Google you and you better be there. It will also add points if someone wrote a review on your services, either positive or negative.
- Use social media platforms- if you are a startup business, you can easily make a Twitter or Facebook account to reach out to more potential consumers, and you give an impression that actual people are behind your business.
- Online and offline published articles- it makes you more credible if they see your brand or your contents in other places.
- Keep a blog- this is a dual purpose solution. While you can show that you are constantly updated, they will also know that you are an expert in your market. Put in a space for reader’s comments. If there are a lot of people interacting on your site it means you have something to keep them there.
- Use signs such as The Verisign Seal and TRUSTe privacy seal- research the trusted marks among your audience and use it.
- Use caching, Cloudflare or a CDN- increase your web loading page. Slow loading sites that take more than 10 second can cause abandonment.
- Testimonial- people actually trust business recommended by friends, family and those in their network. Add a testimonial on your page and make sure it ia attributed to a real person.
- Case studies- your product and services will appear reliable if you use analytics from your past customers’. They will attract attention especially if you have quantifiable results backed up by recent data.
Trust is a key factor that can impact ease of use, satisfaction, session duration, customer loyalty, and ultimately: sales. The main reason for building a website is to get in touch with your customers, engage them, sell your services and products, and keep a relationship: focus on quality user experience.